Monday, December 6, 2010

Day 24 - Worship

A wonderful service today and Communion Sunday. I love to worship in another language. Though I wish I understood on my own, Yulia translates everything very well (a huge task for which I am very thankful!). The songs are beautiful; I recognize most of the tunes, but the words are beyond me. When I learn Russian, singing in Russian will be a wonderful reward! I enjoyed sharing a lesson with the ladies - on trials. Have you had any lately? James 5:13 says "Is anyone among you suffering? Let him pray. Is anyone cheerful? Let him sing praise." God hears the prayers of the righteous (1 Peter 3:12), Jesus prays for us that our faith will not fail (Luke 22:32), and the Holy Spirit intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words (Romans 8:26). Our God is wonderful!

After service and Bible study, Kolia, Lena & I took a nice drive to their home. Ukraine is so beautiful - we drove through a forest - snow! I love their home and I am especially grateful to feel a part of their family. Lena's delicious cooking has put a few pounds on me - I definitely need a "winter layer" here!

We attended evening service at the church in Kolia & Lena's town where I met Pastor Jeff and his wife, Colleen. Service was very nice and I am thankful Jeff was able to translate! Denton - I am sad you are not here - you would love being in my shoes I know. Thank you for going home to be with our children!

Tomorrow, I travel back to Ola's city. She is bursting with excitement! I am as well. I cannot imagine her feelings as she leaves the orphanage forever - with her Mom. After living there for nearly 11 years, her peers are like brothers and sisters, and the caretakers have been like her mothers. Thank you for your prayers for her.

1 comment:

  1. My prayers are with you both . I know Ola will be blessedto have you and Denton as mom and dad. I know her memories of the orphanage will be forever with her. I know that she understands what God has opened for her. Bless you all.

    ReplyDelete