Sunday, November 14, 2010

Ukrainian Worship - Day 3

Today was spent with our Ukrainian Church – we celebrated Thanksgiving! Denton gave a sermon, beautiful singing (which we recognized!), and Pastor Kolia delivered his sermon. It was a wonderful service – we had a great feast of authentic Ukrainian food afterward. I just realized – I forgot my cake! Everyone welcomed us & we got lots of hugs & smiles. The children even gave us a poem in English! They did a great job! After the festivities, Pastor Kolia, Lena (his wife) and Yulia (his eldest daughter) took us to a beautiful and historic Ukrainian village. Amazing! Beautiful rolling hills, windmills, homes, a market, and lots of people! The weather was probably in the 60s with a light breeze – I think this is a special gift from God just for me (kidding, but I sure am thankful!)! This excellent weather is atypical – usually by now there is snow & ice falling from the sky.

Kolia and his family then drove us to the market and Yulia helped us shop for a few necessities. Really neat mall. Inside was a market with items similar to what you would find at Dollar General & a Farmer’s Market. There was a huge area of cheese, a whole row of sausages hanging & bulk bins of fresh fruit for you to scoop out for yourself, and the bakery of course. We got some of each & some yogurt which was THE BEST EVER! I do not know what is different, but it was so creamy & sweet, but not sugary. YUMMY! Everything I have seen hints that they do not use artificial anything. Did I mention the butter isle? There were so many *types* of butter – different fat content, different brands, wow. And there were attendants everywhere watching.

After the market, we returned to the apartment & I asked if Yulia and Lena could help me figure out the washing machine. They toiled over it for about 5 minutes, even Kolia gave his input. The final outcome…? Put clothes in here, soap in there, set the dial to this & see what happens. Can’t wait!

I am truly thankful to be here, blessed beyond measure, and having the time of my life!
I wish our children were here to share it with us.
Our appointment is tomorrow at 9am. We are praying that we do exactly what God has for us to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment